Saturday, December 18, 2010

Coming to you from Mid-flight. Thank you Delta and Google Chrome!


Hi –

I’m currently sitting in seat 13F on Delta flight 2079 flying home. Today is exactly 4 months later, and I’m on my way home. It’s actually a bit poetic. Especially because I’ve had quite the perfect day. I woke up and leisurely got ready to leave for the airport – I wasn’t rushed at all. As soon as I stepped outside my apartment a cab pulled up. When I got to the airport the person who checked my bags scale was broken so she didn’t weigh my bag (which I’m sure was over 50 pounds). As I was waiting in the insanely long security line I was picked to move to a lane that just opened and made it through rather quickly. And now the middle seat in my row is empty. I would say it’s the polar opposite of the last time I was headed home. Here’s hoping this feeling of calm carries its way through my two-week stay.

Should be a good if not insanely busy and super interesting two weeks. The first event I’m going to is Dee and Phillip’s Annual Hanukkah party. I’ve never been to once before but I hear they are quite the party. Something about shots and guitar hero I think. I’m slightly worried I’ll be somewhat of an animal on display, as I tend to be in big event situations lately. ‘That’s her. It was her mom, Phillips sister’. I’m hoping for none of that. At least Randi will be there. We can hide in a corner together, perhaps in the home theater. That would be perfect actually.

I have a headhunter meeting on Monday. I’m looking forward to it actually. Hopefully it will lead to some interviews if not an actual job. The one thing though is I did such a number on my big toe the other night that wearing heels is going to prove difficult. I’m sure Dad will yell at me once he gets a glimpse of it. I had no idea what I had done though until it was already finished. It’s bad. The worst I’ve ever done. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now.

Sara and I came up with a really funny joke earlier today. I sent her a picture of the Christmas tree that dad bought – which is HUGE by the way. She asked me how many Rosenthal’s did I think it was going to take to get the star on top. I told her non. It was going to take one Lamonica or one Waldstein. I thought it was funny.

I have about an hour left on my flight. I’m going to go listen to my carefully constructed play list that I put together.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

“I could swear by your expression
That the pain down in your soul
Was the same as the one down in mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment