Sunday, December 19, 2010

I just can't seem to help myself.


Hi –

I’m officially home, and back in matt’s old bedroom. Which I guess has become my room. Even before everything happened, I slept in this room more than mine. When we were all home for Matt and Lauren’s anniversary party I slept in here then too.  Either way though, I think in everyone’s mind this is still Matt’s room. And in the next room where Grandma is sleeping is still my room.

A couple interesting things have happened since I’ve been back. I forgot my deodorant in the city so I went and opened the second drawer in your bathroom expecting to be able to use yours but it was all dads’ stuff. Somehow I don’t think it would have had the same affect. Luckily though, Grandma came to the rescue. I’ll use hers again tomorrow morning before I go to Target and get some of my own.

Then after we got back from Dee and Phillips I wanted to do some dissecting on my foot and I went to get a needle from the drawer in your closet and there was no drawer.  Dad has done some remodeling. The drawer isn’t gone though – it’s in the dining room.

I’m glad Dad has done some remodeling. I think it helps him. Which is fine by me. Anything to help him. You should see the new TV though – it’s pretty fancy. Lucky for me, I get to wake up to my reflection in the black screen of the old TV. Which is currently positioned at the end of the futon. I guess this will be one of those situations where not being able to see without glasses or contacts will be good. Otherwise I think I might freak myself out.

In other news, in less than 30 minutes while watching TV last week I managed to reverse all the work that good old podiatrist did on my big toes all those years ago. I think this time I might have gone too far with the picking at my nails situation. Luckily Dad has taken pity on me and come to my rescue. I’m currently wearing an incredibly attractive dr. scholls band-aid with some magical medicine to deaden the skin around the nail. In hopes that in a few days I can rip out the nail that is causing me unbearable amounts of pain. Wish me luck. However, until then I’m a little clueless as to what I will wear for shoes while in Florida. All I brought are my Ugg boots which its too hot for. My sandals, which are currently unacceptable because of my lack of pedicure. My only option is my flats that I brought, except my feet sweat in them, which is probably not a huge help to the nail situation.

Heading to bed now. Tomorrow is a fun filled day of ornament shopping and then I’m headed to Orlando.

Love you forever, miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment