Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's like riding a bike, or a horse - you pick!

Hi,

So I just finished the season premiere of Sons of Anarchy and I have no idea how I'm going to make it to next Tuesday for the next episode. This watching one a week in live time is for the birds. Next Tuesday feels just as far away as Sept 20th when the season premiere of House is. I'm also equally as stoked and anxious about that one. (insert Seema's eye roll. She just can't behind House and Cuddy like I can)

I went back to work today. It was part fairly easy and part really difficult. On more than one occasion I looked down at my desk phone and felt the urge to call your office. Only to be reminded that there would be no one on the other line. Matt said whenever I get that urge I can call him. I of course neglected to tell him that the feeling usually comes at 11am eastern time, right about when my morning tasks are done and I'm taking a break before diving into a project of some sort. I'm sure my phone call would be his wake up call and I have a feeling that's not exactly how he wants to be starting his day.

I made it till 3:30 at work - I thought that was pretty good. I was sitting there looking at my outlook trying to figure out what to do next and I started to get a bit teary eyed. I guess that was the beginning of the proverbial brick wall I've been hearing so much about. I went back to my apartment after that in the hopes of taking a nap but sleep alluded me. Instead I watched some DVR'd things and brought that percentage full number down a bit. I get a little anxious when it gets above 60%. I worry it might delete things before I've had the chance to re-watch them for the 100th time.

Talked to Dad today around 4ish. He too had left work a bit early and was laying in bed trying to take a nap - I'm sure he was more successful then I was. I need to call Grandma. The night got away from me today, but I'll do it tomorrow AM. I hope she went back to playing bridge this week, I know she hadn't yet when I had left.

I was invited to Elyn's for dinner tomorrow night, but I'm going to pass. I don't think I'm that OK and ready to face people. There's only so many times in a day I can say "I'm OK" and do my little head nod, and I have a feeling I'll have filled my quota pre-dinner.  I do however think I'm going to go buy a yartzite candle tomorrow and light it. I wonder if Duane Reade (our version of Walgreen's) sells them, otherwise I'm not 100% sure where to look. I'll have to do some googling.

I also stopped by the Pub today. That went a lot smoother than I thought it was going to go. I told them I'd probably go back to work mid-October some time. There's no real point in having them put me back on the schedule anytime soon seeing as how I have weekend plans from now all the way through the first weekend of October. - Which side note - I STILL haven't received either my invitation or rehearsal dinner invite to Brian's wedding. No idea what is happening there. I better get the right meals. I called Brian and gave him my choices. Someone needs to get their act together.

Well, now I'm just rambling. I guess I should go to sleep. Here's to a better day tomorrow, and making it till at least 4:30. I believe having realistic goals is really whats important. Hopefully the tires in the bike I'll be riding are full in the morning and I do a better job of dodging those brick walls. Randi suggested I trade my Schwinn in for an ET bike, I'm thinking that might not be such a bad idea.

Love you forever, miss you always
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment