Monday, June 20, 2011

Side by Side...


Hi –

I had a very good, incredibly uneventful, nice and relaxing weekend. Pretty remarkable if I do say so myself.

Meridith and I have discovered the Showtime series ‘Shameless’ and it’s amazing. We spent quite a bit of time watching that back to back over the weekend. I need to do some research to see if they were picked up for a second season and when its starting, because we are 2 episodes from being done with the first season and then we will have no more ‘Shameless’, and that is just unacceptable.

Today Kahni, Meridith, and I went to the movie theater to watch the musical ‘The Company’.  It was a special performance for Steven Sondheim’s birthday with an amazing cast that was backed by the New York Philharmonic. It was a Fathom Event, which is this company that takes events that people don’t have easy access too – IE special performances, concerts, etc – and play them in movie theaters. I think it’s really awesome, and very nice of them.

The show was incredible. I loved every minute of it. Patti Lupone was in it singing her pipes off, Martha Plimpton was there, Steven Colbert, Christina Hendricks, and the fabulous Neil Patrick Harris – to name a few. There was a poignant moment in the show when one of the women is explaining why she’s leaving NYC and she says, ‘I think there is a time to come to New York, and a time to leave.” She couldn’t be more right.

I think I left at just the right time. I definitely miss things about it. It’s an amazing city that constantly has things going on, and every day you could do something completely different and never repeat yourself twice. I think though that there might be a few people out there who had expectations about my moving that I’m not necessarily living up to. Oh well. I can only do what I can do. Right now, I’m working on me. Making me ok. That should be enough for everyone.

And on that note, I'm going to crawl into bed and watch some Bones. I should be able to catch up by the Season Premiere this year.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

Another hundred people just got off of the train
And came up through the ground,
While another hundred people just got off of the bus
And are looking around
At another hundred people who got off of the plane
And are looking at us
Who got off of the train
And the plane and the bus
Maybe yesterday.

It's a city of strangers,
Some come to work, some to play.
A city of strangers,
Some come to stare, some to stay.
And every day
The ones who stay
Can find each other in the crowded streets and the guarded parks,
By the rusty fountains and the dusty trees with the battered barks,
And they walk together past upholstered walls with the crude remarks.
And they meet at parties through the friends of friends who they never
know.
Another hundred people just got off of the train.”

No comments:

Post a Comment