Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Memories, May be beautiful....


Hi –

I was sitting here just now and had the most random memory come to mind.

You and I were in the car, you had just picked me up from the airport, and we were driving back to the house. I was in town for your and Dad’s anniversary / Matt and Lauren’s engagement party, but Grandpa had just died. We were in your brand new BMW and you were really proud of the fact that your Bluetooth was hooked up and you could work it. During the car ride you were getting phone call after phone call. One of which was the caterer for the party, and you were talking about how it was still going on as planned because it’s what he would have wanted, and it’s what you wanted. The good and the bad must be celebrated together. (How very Jewish of us)

Then, you told me the story about the message that grandma left on the answering machine at Carol Gardens. I can’t remember anything else about the car ride except I’m sure at some point I made a sick joke, to which you would have called me a ‘sick puppy.’

God I miss your laugh and sense of humor.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment