Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lets get physical, physical.


Hi –

Ila is a really smart person, in case you didn’t already know that. I was telling her that after all my bitching about having to wait until 6 months to make life decisions; it really is this magical amount of time.

It’s been almost 7 months now, and I do feel like I’m coming out on the other side of something. I tired to articulate this to Ila tonight. The best way I could think to explain it was that 6 months is just enough time for you to realize that it’s true. You’re really gone, and not coming back. It’s enough time to accept this new person you’ve become, and figure out how to cope.  It’s enough time for my heart not to stop every time I think about you. It definitely is this magical amount of time.

In explaining this to Ila she said to me, “so instead of time heals all wounds, the saying should be time heals all shock.” And you know what, she’s right. That’s exactly what the magical 6 months is about. The shock has worn off. It's possible that now I really believe you're gone.

In other news, I had a physical today since it’s been a while and I got a clean bill of health. Go me!

Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m going to call Daddy now and find out how Crickets did today.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment