Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kimchi - yes please, Cheese - hell yes.

Hi –

Awhile ago I read an article about a Korean BBQ Taco Truck that was going to open in Manhattan. Something you may have never known was that I LOVE Korean BBQ. I love it. They use magical marinade or something, but the sweet juicy meat is amazing. Plus I enjoy cooking my own meat on the table in front of me. Gives me an activity while I’m eating, and helps curb the speed at which I eat my food on a normal day. So yeah – I’ve been staking said taco truck which is called Kimchi Taco Truck (http://kimchitacotruck.com/index.html). They already have a truck in LA, but they kept pushing back the opening of the NYC truck, until last week. They finally opened in Long Island City (LIC), which I have to say I didn’t even know LIC had lunch trucks. Anyway – they finally made their way to Manhattan this week, and today they were in midtown.

Now, I often times build things up and then face a tad bit of disappoint when it doesn’t live up to my expectations, but the Kimchi Taco Truck rocks. I stood out in the brisk 35 degree weather for an hour; and it was worth every minute and frozen toe I had. I ordered the Kimchi BBQ Beef Cheesesteak with Cheez-Whiz and it was phenomenal. So yeah, if you are offered Korean BBQ wherever you are jump at the chance. And on top of that, if they offer to make it into a cheesesteak do it. It was so delicious, and now it’s all gone, tear. I’m pretty sure in less than 5 minutes I ate all my weight watcher points for the day – woops.

Crickets opened today, so that’s exciting. It’s their soft open, in a week or so I think they are going to have a grand opening party. I’m really excited about it. I can’t wait to have a pastrami sandwich on toasted rye with Russian dressing and coleslaw. They are also stocking garlic pickles, which surprisingly I’ve never had, so I’ll try one of those too.

I don’t really have much else to tell you. I’m in a holding pattern till I hear back from Designzillas. I’ve talked to Nevin and Ellen about how I’m leaving. They both understand and I think are supportive in the way a boss who’s not happy about you leaving could be. Ellen recognized that it was the right thing for me to do. There’s some talk about possibly working remotely from Orlando if I don’t get the account manager job. I think that will be really helpful if it works out. Unfortunately just waiting and seeing what happens, sucks though. There are so many things I want to do, and people I want to be near, but none of that can happen till I’m in Florida.

That’s about it for me. The other really exciting thing is I found Pinnacle Whipped Cream flavored vodka here the other day. Honey and I are thinking if we make White Russians with it, or add it to some Hot Chocolate it would be pretty tasty. I’ll let you know how that goes.

So to sum up this conversation my life revolves around food and booze. That's ok right?

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

"And I don't know where you might be
Wherever it is, it will be without me
I keep thinkin' I'll come home
One day and find you"

No comments:

Post a Comment