Tuesday, March 1, 2011

American Idol and painting my nails - I'm beyond exciting!

Hi Lady,

Sorry it’s been so long, but I talk to you in my head too. Do you hear me?

I’ve been to Orlando and back. I drank half way around the world at Epcot. One day I would like to attempt it again.  When I have more time, and perhaps a smaller group of people. It was hard for all of us to visit each country together, and travel at the same pace. I had a great time though.

I’m 150% convinced that moving to Orlando is the right thing for me. Everything else though, who knows. There are a million and one decisions that I will have to make in the coming weeks, and I'm scared. I don’t want to second-guess myself at every turn, but I feel like I already am. I know when it comes down to it, I’ll trust my gut and make split second decisions. Much like I did when I ended up in Italy instead of London for a semester. That one worked out really well for me, so here’s hoping I chose the right choices in the coming weeks. I’m just a little concerned about the weeks of waiting that will be coming my way.

I will say this though, every time I think about missing out on baby Huang-Gacek and baby Doyle I get sad. Thank god for planes, and credit cards with airline rewards.

I honestly have nothing interesting to say at this given moment in time. I’m sitting on my bed fast forwarding through American Idol so I only have to hear the singing, and simultaneously painting my nails. Shocker I know.

I miss you terribly. Again, nothing new. I honestly think it doesn’t get any easier. If anything it gets more difficult. As more time passes you think you should be moved on. It’s no longer news that you’re gone. I should know how to deal at this point. It eventually will no longer be an acceptable reason for being in a bad mood, or being a little sad. But I’m not dealing, and I still get sad. As more time passes, more things have happened that you have missed. More things in my life are changing, and not the way they were the last time you were here.

Enough melancholy-ness. I’m going to crawl under the covers now, and really focus on my fast forwarding.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment