Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Must have members-only jacket to enter!

Hi –

So due to my obsessive-compulsive nature in life to know everything about anything new that I discover, I now follow Hope Edelman’s blog. Through her blog I learned that these 2 women interviewed her about her book ‘Motherless Daughters’ for the documentary they are making called ‘The Club.’ (http://www.theclubdocumentary.com/)

The documentary is a really cool idea, here’s the blurb from their site “An observational documentary film, exploring the lives of women around the world who prematurely lost their mothers before the age of 25.” These women make up ‘The Club’. I think Piper was the first person to use that term with me. Randi and Rab say it a lot, but it’s the ‘dead daddy’s club’ that they always refer to is as.

It really is a club though. No one wants to be a member, but eventually most people are. I don’t think there are outward marks that show ones membership, but as soon as you find another there is a trust and understanding that is immediately shared.

I was talking about the whole being a motherless daughter thing on Friday night when I was out with the girls for dinner and drinks. I was making a toast in your honor, and mine. I was telling my friends that while this was by far the worst thing that ever happened to me and would hopefully ever happen to me, in the last 6 months I had made changes, made choices, and sent myself down a path that I never would have had the guts to otherwise. And without being overly cheesy, maybe it wasn’t all in vain or for no reason.

Enough of me being so understanding, and wise beyond my years. It does totally suck, I would trade it all for just about anything, and no I’m not over it yet.

Love you forever, Miss you always,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment