Thursday, February 17, 2011

My karma ran over your dogma


Hiya –

Sorry it’s been so long. I’ve been going nonstop since Sunday. Tonight is honestly the first minute I’ve had where I haven’t been asleep on my feet. It was a good week though, if not long.

I’ve decided that I’m on the fence about Karma. I was at a business lunch on Wednesday and there was a conversation going on about business karma, and how you get what you put in and people get what is coming to them – all those sort of karmic sayings. I think in the business world I’m on the side of karma, and that it makes sense. If you practice good business and are always decent and honorable in your dealings, I can see how that would come back to you. You would be recommended, people would want to continue working work with you, etc.

In life though, I gotta say I’m not 100% sold on it. I have to think that you got the short end of the karmic stick. If what goes around comes around, and you reap what you sow – what did you put out there? Because I have to say, I’m pretty sure it was nothing. In my 26 years around the block I never knew you to do anything where this would be the assumed karmic outcome. In all the conversations I’ve ever had with anyone about you, they only had amazing things to say too.

So maybe I’m only half Buddhist at this point. I’m pretty sure the whole karma thing is big for them.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment