Sunday, January 2, 2011

On and on, and on we go.


Hi –

I wonder where it started that as a society we put so much pressure on the concept of the ‘New Year’. Why does pretty much everyone think that just because it’s a new year things will be different. Or they will some how improve. I’m not sure I buy that.

I’m laying in my bed, in the dark, watching my DVR, nothing different than the nights before.

As far as I can tell nothing at all is different. I’m still me, you’re still gone, and I’m still lost.

Someone once said to me that this was already written in the stars. That this was always how it was going to be. And that was part of the reason we had the relationship we had, and loved the way we did. Because this was always going to happen and I would have all our memories too look back on. Sometimes in the quiet of the night that helps, and sometimes I just feel more robbed. At any given moment, on any given day, you are all I think about.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

“And this is why my eyes are closed
It's just as well for all I've seen
And so it goes, and so it goes
And you're the only one who knows”

No comments:

Post a Comment