Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Na na na, na-na na na. Na-na na na, hey Jude


Hi –

I just finished watching “The Kennedy Center Honors” on TV and there was this amazing moment at the end during the Paul McCartney portion where the entire audience was singing along and jamming out to Steven Tyler’s version of 'Hey Jude'. It was completely amazing. I wish I was doing something with my life that was going to leave that sort of impact. I can only hope that he was enjoying it just as much and not thinking ‘wow, Steven Tyler really? They couldn’t find someone else.” Because that would totally suck. I imagine the after party to the event to be pretty good as well. Especially after being all hyped up and everything. It really was this incredible moment.

Merle Haggard was honored as well, and Vince Gill did the introduction part. He talked about how Merle’s dad died very unexpectedly when he was younger and how that clouded everything else that happened in his life. It was quite a poignant moment. Because your death now clouds everything in my life. Lately I’ve been thinking more and more about that. How time isn’t helping. How its making things worse in a way. The more time that goes by the less a chance this is a bad dream; or a sick joke.

There are times when I find myself all of a sudden transported out of the situation I’m in and observing it from a distance. Finding the ways it would be different if you were still here. Analyzing everything happening in that moment trying to imagine if it would be the same or different. If there would just be another seat at the table for you; or if the entire table would be different.

I’m in the midst of changing everything about my life and sometimes I’m fully committed to the decision and I’m 150% happy about it. Then other times I wonder if it’s just another way for me to prolong being an active participant to my life. That’s assuming what I’m doing now is not active – which I have no idea if it is or not. All I know is its 1:30, everyone else is asleep, and I’m up writing this to you. I’m going to Orlando tomorrow for New Years and I’m 85% stoked about it, 15% wanting to lay on the couch and not get up until the 2nd when I have to go back to NYC. At least the odds are in Orlando’s favor. That’s a good sign.

I do want to move there and start another chapter of my life, but I can’t help but wonder if it’s the chicken’s way out. No way to know really.

Love you forever, miss you always
Rachel

"Yesterday,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Suddenly,
I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

Why she had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.

Yesterday,
Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday. "


No comments:

Post a Comment