Friday, September 17, 2010

Quad Venti, No Foam, Skinny Latte...

Hi -

It's going to be one of those days, I can tell you that right now. I woke up with sick taste in my mouth, a splitting headache, and all I could mumble was quad venti, no foam, skinny latte please. We'll I've downed the entire thing, and I'm still half asleep - oh well.

So the Ballet - AMAZING. It was incredible. I love the pitter patter that they all make with their ballet shoes as they are dancing around. I remember watching something where they were saying you weren't supposed to make that noise, and that a sign of a good ballet dancer is if they don't make it. But I don't care, I still like it. And then when they go up on point and run around, i just love it.

I watch them dancing around, and think I would love to be a ballet dancer, or a singer. Any sort of artistic person really. The light that shines from people as they are performing I am so jealous of. I don't think I shine like that while I do anything. Maybe while building a really intense excel spreadsheet or something - who knows. I asked Dad if I ever got close to being a ballerina and he laughed at me. Said the closest I got was Karate, which I fully believe. Did I ever show interest though? How do you know if your kid is good at things like that? You just put them in it and see if they come home crying every day or not? I always wonder that. What if I give birth to the next Serena Williams or something, but never put a tennis racket in her hands so I have NO earthly idea, and I've just deprived the world of one of its greatest athletes. whoops, my bad.

I want to go again and again though. It was so exciting to watch - awe inspiring really. Plus Lincoln Center is amazing, breathtaking really. It's always been one of my favorite places to be outside, and now that I've seen the inside of some of the buildings I love it even more. The theater where the NYC Ballet performs has all these portraits of the ballet dancers lining the walls - they are beautiful. Very Simple. Randi said she has never been to the Ballet before, maybe I can get her to come visit and we can go together. They are having a Fall/Winter Season this year for the first time - not just the Spring/Summer season.

After we got out last night I turned to Seema and told her that all day I had the song from Chorus Line in my head 'Everyone is beautiful at the Ballet' and she said she did as well. Then she reminded me that the role in the original Broadway play was played by Kelly Bishop,  Mrs Emily Gilmore herself. How cool.

Anyway - I'm at work, and we are headed out to a group lunch since its someones last day in my department. Which really means more work for us all to absorb instead of hiring a new person, gotta love WB. Hopefully this headache subsides soon. Its probably a side effect of the crappy sleep I've been getting. Seema made the point that since I keep waking up through out the night that my body is probably never really making it to REM sleep. I'm sure this will all come to bite me in the ass later, there's only so long a person can go without REM. I'm sure I'm about to hit it.

Love you forever, miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment