Sunday, September 19, 2010

31 days, 744 hours, 44,640 minutes, and 2,678,400 seconds

Hola -

So it's been a month. The longest month of my life I can honestly say. I can also honestly say while its the longest, I can picture the day - moment - hour when it all went down to an exact tee. As I'm sure Dad can, Grandma, Diane - anyone who actually saw you in the hospital.

The days are not getting any easier and neither are the nights. I woke up so much through out the night last night and went back to sleep each time that when I finally got out of bed around Noon I had a killer headache and still have it now 12 hrs later. I've had a couple people suggest trying to get an Ambien prescription but I don't think it will help. The nights I take a sleeping pill I still end up getting up throughout the night. So it doesn't seem like ambien would do any better.

Today was Yom Kippur - the day of Atonement. According to everything I was ever told in Hebrew school growing up, on Rosh Hashanah (10 days ago) the books of life and death are opened. Today on Yom Kippur the books are closed. During the days in between G-d looks at everyone and the life they have lead and decides which book to write their name in. I guess the assumption if you believed in this would be that your name was written in the book of death. However, I'm beginning to think the concepts of the books are a bit backwards. Perhaps it wasn't your name at all that was written anywhere, but the rest of our names. Seeing as how we are the ones left to deal and pick up the pieces of the shattered life we were all left with. And the books are not life and death but an easy year vs a year of suffering. The definition of the suffering and what it might entail are dependent on the incident that happened.

In other news I saw the Broadway show FELA! today with Seema. Its about an African musician who also became a political figure. It was amazing. Patti LaBelle also plays a lead female role which is exciting as well. There was tons of dancing and singing, and high energy it was great. The lead guy was phenomenal. How he didn't win a Tony award is beyond me. He carries the entire show himself from start to finish. I don't think there is a single number that he isn't a part of. Its pretty remarkable if you ask me. Definitely a must see.

Besides that - Seema and I have been completely engrossed in a 'Veronica Mars' marathon. I love watching TV marathon style. Especially when the series has already finished - this way I don't have to wait for any new episodes.

Anyway - going to go watch a couple more before heading to bed.

Love you lots, miss you forever.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment