Monday, September 20, 2010

Random Thought 764

Hi -

I was walking to work today listening to my iPod like normal and it occurred to me that no one writes songs about losing their mom. There are a TON of lost love songs out there - more than any one person could really ever need to listen to, but none about lost parents. The only real reason I can think of this is because people get over lost love, or you can get another love. There's no getting over a lost parent, and you only ever get 2 no more. It's something you will carry around with you forever, I'm sure its gets easier (that's what they tell me anyway) but it doesn't go away. The scar is always there.

So I feel like someone should write a song about it, that's all.

ALSO - I'm in love with Patti LuPone. She might be my 2nd favorite Gypsy Rose Lee - because lets face it Bette will always be number one. But if you get YouTube where ever you are you should watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtRWI_U0Mw it was fantastic.

Love you forever, miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment