Thursday, March 14, 2013

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment….


Hi,

Tonight I went to a performance of Loi’s and I was in awe of her the entire time. Not only did she get up in front of a crowd of half uninterested people and sing her heart out but she's found the courage and strength to do what she loves. She's so passionate about singing and song writing. You can see it on her face as she sings. She throws her head back with her eyes closed and just belts it out.  It's an inspiring thing to watch. She loses her self completely.

You know what I lose myself in? A 48-page document of testing standards and protocols. Trying to figure out what the legal levels of cadmium, lead, and phthalates are. Or how many times you can wash a kids shirt before it can fade and pill.

This is not how I pictured my life. Problem is I’ve lost the picture I once had. I’ve lost myself. I’m just lost.

Maybe I’m taking a time out and with you somewhere. Resting. I should probably tag myself back in soon, huh?

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

“…I was dead with deciding - afraid to choose
I was mourning the loss of the choices I'd lose
But there's no choice at all if I don't make my move
And trust that the timing is right
Yes and hold it up to the light…”

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I never met your mom, but I imagine her by your side always. SOmetimes our path in life is not always straight, pleasant or what we expected. Keep talking to her, I am sure she will guide you exactly where you are supposed to be going.
    love, doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a passionate person and you inspire people to try with your encouraging words. Nothing can stop you, and it's in these times when you feel lost that you begin to piece together who you are.

    ReplyDelete