Monday, March 12, 2012

Here I am, living the dream!

Yo yo yo –

Just sitting here watching some Oprah – ya know the usual!

Seriously though, I’m watching Oprah. Because she just can’t stay away from my TV! I’m actually watching her show on OWN ‘The Next Chapter’ – and her interview with Bobbi Kristina and Whitney Houston’s family - its interesting.

During the portion with Bobbi Kristina there was a part I could relate too. Oprah asked her if she ever thought this would happen. Bobbi Kristina said no. She never expected her to die, or ever thought she would. Of course not. I NEVER would have thought this would have happened to you either. If anyone had ever asked me I probably would have told them you were immortal because I’m pretty sure that’s what I believed. If they had asked me about Dad, my answer would have been different. But I’m sure everyone’s would have.  For as long as I can remember, there was a part of me that always knew that one-day Daddy would die, but never you.

After Bobbi Kristina said she never expected it, she went on to say that even though she never expected it Whitney had unknowingly prepared her for it making her the strong independent woman she was. Which is 100% true about me and you. I never expected this, or even thought of this day, but yet here I am living through it. And that’s because you made me this strong. I’m your spitting image in strength and determination.  Thank you, I guess. Although, if given the choice I’d want to be less strong and have you back.

In other news I finished my taxes. Not sure what that makes me, but here I am sitting on my couch being that person. I owe Turbo Tax a big thank you, and Kahni for answering my nagging question of in what state do I collect interest. Seems easy enough right – I live in Florida so I collect taxes in Florida. I was nervous though the government can be tricky. Amerprise’s address is in MN; I didn’t want to answer wrong. And now I'm rambling.

But good news both Federal and NY State were accepted.  I will make it another year as a tax-paying citizen. Go me! And now, I’ve managed to talk about the only 2 certain things in life - Death and Taxes.

On that note I’m going to fold my laundry and watch some Star Trek. I really live a riveting, earth shattering life these days.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel




“…I didn’t know my own strength…”

No comments:

Post a Comment