Saturday, May 28, 2011

Some facts….


Hi –

Fact 1 – when you died we were both reading the same book, without the other one knowing it. I found your copy of ‘Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ on your bedside table.

Fact 2 – I have not read a book since.

Fact 3 – I keep buying books to read, but don’t actually read them.

Fact 4 – Today is your Anniversary with Dad. You would have been married for 33 years. You were married for 33 years. Do you automatically stop being married? People tell me I don’t stop being a daughter or that I no longer have a mother. I’ll always be your daughter. You will always be my mom. So by logical steps doesn’t that mean you will always be married to dad. I guess you will always be dad’s wife, but dad could be someone else’s husband right? Not sure if those logical steps make sense, or fall in order, but whatever really.  He should be someone else’s husband one day, when he’s ready. I want that for him, and I know you would have too.

Fact 5 – I might have purchased the most comfortable bed on the face of the planet.  I can’t remember a time before sleeping in this bed where I didn’t wake up multiple times through out the night.  I would roll over and go back to sleep, but I always woke up. I haven’t done that in my new awesome bed. I might be jinxing myself by putting this out there into the world, but go me on my bed purchase. Oh AND it was a queen size bed, so really go me on my bed purchase. Now, if only I had someone to share it with….

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment