Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hard at work.

Yo –

I’m sitting at my desk watching movie trailers during my lunch break like always, and I just finished watching ‘And Everything Is Going To Be Fine,’ which is about Spalding Gray and his one man shows that he used to do. (http://www.ifcfilms.com/films/and-everything-is-going-fine)

There is a line in the trailer, “everyone knows they are going to die, but no one believes it.’ That might be the truest thing I have ever heard.

I knew there would come a day when you wouldn’t be here anymore. It only made sense. You are after all my mother, and at some point everyone’s parents unfortunately die. It’s the cycle of life. But I would have never in a million years thought it would have come this early, or that it would have ever happened really. I could never have pictured my life without you. In fact I still can’t. I think somewhere deep inside I still believe that I’m going to come home to visit and there you’ll be - lying on your bed reading a book. Or I’ll come home and we will crawl into your bed together and I’ll rest my head on your giant breasts and we ill watch something on the TiVo.  

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

PS for your enjoyment, a picture of me hard at work.


1 comment: