Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I catch my breath sometimes...


Hi –

When Sue holds the baby and says things like ‘How’s Grandma’s Boy?” or “You’re looking at Grandma aren’t you?” I can’t help but think of you, and yearn for you to be here now. To be sharing this with us all. Not just the holidays, or Kalel. But everything. The trip to Costco for food, the million lists I have all over the house, the debate about the menu for the Hanukkah party, everything, and nothing at all. I yearn for you to be sitting at the kitchen table when I wake up in the morning and come stumbling in. To be looking through the newspaper drinking your second cup of coffee, and ask me what I want for breakfast. For you to have taken some coffee out of the pot and set it to the side because you know I like iced better than hot. For to you already have our day planned out with errands. 

Sometimes I feel like there's a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean.”

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment