Sunday, September 12, 2010

2 quick thoughts for the road

Hey -

2am and I'm just now getting into bed. I'm developing a bit of a habit here. Probably not the best one, but definitely no where near the worst that's for sure.

Had an interesting day. Stella has a cold, and apparently when an almost 2 year old has a runny nose you just let it run. You wipe it when you can, but she didn't enjoy it, so the theory was let it go. Well, when I changed into my PJ's I noticed one of the places it went was my shirt. That was a super exciting find. Here's hoping snot comes out in the wash.

I realized today why I like being at Rab's right now, and why its not difficult or hard for me. You were here recently. I can close my eyes and picture you sitting on a bar stool drinking a cup of coffee in the morning. I can see us all sitting at the dinner table Saturday night eating Lizzie's brussel sprouts. I can see you here. Its comforting. I can remember being annoyed that I was trying to sleep at 3am, while you and Rab played Spite and Malice loudly at the dining table.

So, I'm going to go to sleep now, because I took one of those Costco sleeping pills you bought me the last time we did a Costco run, and its kicking in. Side note - they totally taste salty. Did you happen to notice that yourself? Imagine the candy shell on an Advil but salty instead. That's what these are like.

I am going to leave you with 2 things that I came across today. One was on Tory's tumblr page and is a quote from 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button':
      For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again


The second is from a piece of artwork that Richard brought back from Atlanta for Carly. He got another gig there for a Hallmark movie so hes been going back and forth again:
       As you grow up, you will have your heart broken more than once and its harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll carry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose something you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much and love like you've never been hurt. Because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.


Love you forever, miss you always
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment