Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anticipation is our greatest enemy


Hi –

Lately when I’m going about my business and you pop into my head, it’s always this one particular image I see. It’s you with your head turned just enough to the side so that the light catches your cheeks and I can catch a glimpse of all the peach fuzz you had. I always thought it was so cute. You probably hated it. I’ll never know if you grew up with all of that, or it was a later in life thing. 

It’s that image that I’m going to take with me now as I go to sleep because I'm EXHUASTED. I some how managed to pack more into this day than I thought was even possible for a Sunday. The day started around 9 when we did birthday cake in bed, than had a full-scale brunch operation in the kitchen that included blueberry pancakes, eggs, and fruit salad. Around noon Meridith and I dragged Dad and Stephen over to Home Depot to pick up our carpet remnant we purchased the day before. After the 12-foot carpet made its way back to our apartment and found its home in our living room, we headed to Best Buy to get some birthday presents for moi.  At 2 we met up with everyone for 2 games of bowling and some laughs. We had dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack where I managed to meticulously eat an entire Crab Daddy Feast, BBQ style. The day was finished with me watching over Daddy as he put my awesome new knobs on my IKEA dresser, thank you Hobby Lobby. Seriously an insane day.

Tomorrow I shall wake up at the ass crack of dawn to go hang out at the DMV, lucky me I know. Nothing says Happy Birthday like renewing your driver’s license.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. awwwww she did have a lot of peach fuzz... that made me smile :)

    and OMG HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete