Thursday, January 6, 2011

Must have liver to enter.


Hey Lady –

Sara and I had a conversation today about Organ Donation and I was super excited to find out we are on the same page. In theory I really like it. Why wouldn’t I want to help other people. But, at the same time I have no idea what comes next, and what if I need my organs for whatever it might be.

I’m fully on board with live donation. If someone needed a kidney, a lobe of my liver, some bone marrow I’m your girl. But unless you can tell me what happens afterwards, which I guess you would be able too, I’m holding onto my liver. What if the afterlife is one huge never-ending party, but because I don’t have a liver I won’t be able to go. Then what?

Speaking of the whole what happens after a person dies, I’m not really sure where I stand on that. Heaven, hell, purgatory, reincarnation – not sure. I think maybe what I believe is that instead of you as a whole going to some other place, I think you become part of everything that is here and now. You stay with Dad, Matt, Me, Grandma, etc. Your essence that made you, you – is still in the house. I felt it when I was there last week. When I wear your perfume you’re there. When I play spite and malice with Randi and call her a ‘little shit’ you’re there. So maybe that’s what I believe. No heaven or hell, or a place of just waiting. I guess its partly reincarnation, you are reincarnated in all the things you loved.

Did I just become a Buddhist?

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment