Saturday, October 30, 2010

What lives in Lulu's Armoire? Open it up and see.

Hola –

I’m out in Jersey for the weekend at Rab’s. Today was ‘Lulu’s Armoire’ (http://lulusarmoire.com/) grand opening, and if I do say so myself it was a resounding success. The place was packed for a good portion of the day, and they did pretty good in sales. Even if you take out what Matt bought today for Kalel and Lulu herself. He was actually their very first sale, so that’s exciting for him. Lizzie and I picked out the items hopefully they will like them. They should definitely like this dark blue onesie Lizzie picked that the Jolie-Pitt kids wear. Kalel will be the hippest kid around. Looks like I might not be so bad at this whole Aunt thing after all.

One of the women who came in to the store today is a foster parent for puppies, and I was seriously so close to buying the puppy she had with her. It was a Maltese terrier mix that she said wouldn’t get more than 20 pounds and she was adorable. I was in love from the moment I saw her. She even already had all her shots and had been spayed. I was beyond smitten. Ed gave me sage advice to sleep on it. I haven’t exactly slept on it yet, but I did pass on Sadie, even though it broke my heart. It would just be too difficult in the city because puppies can’t be on the dirty New York City streets until they are 16 weeks old. Apparently other dog’s poop carries disease and when puppies eat and sniff it they get sick. So I would have to train her on a wee-wee pad and then re-train her on the street, and I just don’t think that’s a good idea. Wee-wee pads and my tiny apartment with no central AC or circulating air – seems super smelly to me. So I passed on Sadie. I’m heartbroken, but I have a feeling I’ll get over it.

The store looks great. Sometime between tonight and tomorrow evening I’m going to attempt to get Rab and Lizzie to see the wisdom of excel, and get them to keep records that way. Right now Rab is handwriting everything, and I know that’s how she is more comfortable, but I think in the long run having computerized records is the way to go. It will make their lives 10 times easier when they are searching for something, or need to review records, anything really. Excel is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Even though I’ve spent all day eating cookies Amanda baked for the opening, picking at the edible arrangements basket Dad and Randi sent, and grazing muffins that were delivered for breakfast Ed and I just ordered Thai so I’m going to go eat that now. I’ll write more later.

Miss you more today.

Love you forever, miss you always.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment