Monday, October 11, 2010

In 1492 Christopher Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue..

Hi –

I made it till about today before being totally and completely consumed by wanting to talk to you on the phone. It could be because I had to run some errands during my lunch break, and I would have normally called you then. And of course now it’s all I can think about and it’s bringing me down. That could also be because alcohol is actually a depressant and yesterday I consumed my fair share of it. Started the day off with a classic ‘All You Can Drink Brunch’ and as you are well aware, those usually serve as a precursor to something ridiculous. Post brunch Honey, Joey (you didn’t meet him), some of his friends, and I went to Splash, a fairly notorious gay bar, to play Tranny Bingo. Because really, what Sunday would be complete without Tranny Bingo. Part of the appeal of Tranny Bingo, besides of course the Bingo itself, is that for $7 you get 10 beers which is always a good idea. (P.S. I’m trying to say Tranny Bingo as many times as possible, to see what will happen to my blogger stats. Wish me luck)

I think we were at splash for 3 hours or something insane. All I know is it was light when we went inside and dark when we came out. We didn’t win anything either, which was a total bummer. Honey even got called up onto the stage to play a round of Tranny Spelling-Bee, and still no prizes for us. We did however manage to have a good pow-wow about life – Honey, Joey, and Myself. And really what better place to talk about life, how I miss you, and how I’m in total denial about everything then in the basement of a gay club that has unisex see-through bathroom walls. Seems appropriate to me.

As if All You Can Drink Brunch and Tranny Bingo wasn’t enough, we then decided to go to Outback for dinner. Apparently Honey and Joey have started this thing called ‘Scenic Sundays’ where you get drunk during the day and then eat dinner at a chain restaurant. Should be called ‘Train-wreck Sunday’s’ if you ask me, because that is how I feel right now. AND its Columbus Day, I really should have it off work. I mean without Christopher Columbus America would have never been discovered. My middle school text book told me as much.

So yeah, I’m all sorts of a Debbie Downer today. I really would like to go back to bed and not move for awhile. I don’t think I’d feel better, but there at least I would have a TV and my comfy bed. I’d definitely be more comfortable.

Alright – I’ve stretched this lunch break to about an hour, I should probably get back to work. Miss you a lot, and wish you were on the other end of the line.

Love you forever, Miss you always.
Rachel

“Wasn’t it easier in your lunchbox days
Always a bigger bed to crawl into
wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything
and everybody believed in you

1 comment:

  1. hey columbus. we all believe in you! and we all love you.
    hearts,((w)hole and all!) rab

    ReplyDelete