Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Motherless Daughter - the title itself blows!

Hi -

More than one person has told me about this book 'Motherless, Daughters' so i went out and bought it. We shall see how it goes. It's all these interviews with hundreds of women who have also lost their mother, in all various stages of their lives. Should be interesting. I read the rather long introduction last night. It's all things I've said to myself already, or someone else has said to be already, but I guess there is something to reading and hearing them. Perhaps one day I will start to believe them for myself.

I guess there is also something to being a member of this ultra-exclusive club. To bad the thing that gets you into the club has to be the worst thing in the world to ever happen to you. So I'll read it and see how it goes.

I'm back at Rab's this weekend, and enjoying every minute of it. I really like being here. I had Stella all to myself today for 3 hrs, and of course when I say all to myself that includes Sara hanging out doing school work in the background. So I had her, and I fed her, and I played with her, and as soon as I was relieved of my duties I promptly fell asleep for 3 hours. Man she's exhausting. There's definitely something to that sleep when they sleep rule, otherwise your screwed.

It's also really quiet here, which I enjoy. Obviously my apartment is loud, and the city is loud. But i don't realize it while I am in it. But out here in Jersey there is nothing, except the noises of domestic suburbia. The house creaks in that comforting, i know every sound and have lived here for 20 years sort of a way. The stairs creak with the noise of other inhabitants and you know you're not alone. The wood floors make noise no matter how light you try and step. And of course the best noise is when the central air conditioning unit turns itself on and off because the temperature has gotten below 72 degrees. I love it all.

And now I'm going to help Rab make potatoes, because its dinner time and I love a starch.

Love you forever, miss you always
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment